Friday, May 29, 2009

My Husband's Birthday Today




Today is the day that, 34 years ago, Nate Navarro was born into this world. That might top my list of things I am most thankful for.

Here are 34 things about Nate that make him, well, Nate:

1. He is kind
2. He is humble
3. He loves the Lord
4. He is gentle
5. He is an amazing father
6. He is a great leader, in our family and in our Church
7. He is a natural at drawing people into community
8. He listens to you when you talk to him
9. He has a HUGE heart
10. He loves Texas Football
11. He is sensitive
12. He is a walking example of God's grace, which encourages a lot of people
13. He likes Mexican food
14. He is serious about his job
15. He is good at leading people into worship
16. He writes good sad songs
17. He is a good friend to his friends
18. He is funny when he's not trying to be
19. He's scared of bugs (roaches, to be exact)
20. He likes good wine (well...he likes cheap wine too)
21. He couldn't care less about material things
22. He has a soft touch (this is not sexual...this came from Geoff and Luke when playing the bean bag game)
23. He is great at saying "thank you"
24. He's even better at saying "I'm sorry"
25. He has a great laugh
26. He is a gentle disciplinarian with the girls
27. My parent's think he is the best son-in-law in the world, despite my dad's speech at the wedding
28. He has a gift of being able to relate to people
29. He has a MAJOR sweet tooth (his weakness is chocolate chip cookies)
30. He loves Pete Yorn
31. He is the most unselfish person I've ever met
32. He is addicted to Thunderbird coffee
33. He is just really freakin cool
34. He doesn't realize that he's just really freakin cool

Happy Birthday Nate...I love you!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more. I especially appreciate his "soft touch" and can't wait to hear the story on the wedding. Happy 34th Nate!

Mary Helen said...

Happy Birthday Nate! I hope you guys have a great day today!

Betsy said...

What a sweet and true tribute to Nate, Melissa. You both are very lucky to have each other and so are Jess and Ava.