Thursday, May 14, 2009

Creative Vegetarian Diet


So, I have been a vegetarian for 5 months now. Or at least, up until taking a bite of Green's sausage the other night. Before that...not one bite of meat in 5 months. Now that I am pregnant...I've been thinking...maybe I shouldn't be depriving this child of meat. Maybe he is going to be the next quarterback at UT. Maybe good thoroughbred quarterbacks need meat. Maybe this is all just selfish of me. For those vegetarians reading this who are thinking "you traitor. you are weak.", please understand that the smell of Green's sausage is like Satan on a vegetarian's shoulder. I smelled it as my entire family (Matt, Jessica, Ava and Nate) ate it in my living room and Satan told me I wanted a bite and I gave in to temptation and ate of the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

I have a friend who once was a vegetarian except ate sausage and bacon:). I think I might try that out. Totally for the baby's sake, of course. This is all for the baby.

6 comments:

The Armstrong Family said...

Of course it is! You crack me up. I couldn't have resisted either and don't know how you have done it this long. Protein is good for a growing baby and his/her mom :) Chocolate is, too!

Unknown said...

I couldn't be any prouder of you than I am at this moment.

Betsy said...

Oh, I am so glad baby Navarro is going to get some iron and protein. I didn't want to preach (that's never worked on you when you have made your mind up anyway)...BUT, check out Mark 7:18-19,Acts 10:15, and Rom. 14:20-21. Hopefully that will relieve you of any guilt feelings. I agree with Sally. Chocolate is supposed to be good for you, also, in moderation. I love you, Gran.

Unknown said...

Proud of you too, Gran.

Please keep that son in law, Jerry, in line for me... I know it's hard work, but Alana can't do it alone.

Erin said...

You are a nut. I don't think you'll be banned from the garden... I don't think so... nah.

Haley said...

i knew you would come back!! muahahaha!

now you just need to come back to the blonde side =)