Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Our Bedroom Needs Some Lovin'

This is going to be incredibly boring to those of you who get on here to read my super deep, intellectual, wise thoughts on life in general. This is a decorating post...intended for the girls.

I'm not sure if any of you are this same way but...our bedroom is the last place in the house to get any love in cleaning or decorating. It's more important to keep the areas in the house most frequented...clean and tidy and spruced up. That would be our living room, kitchen and bathroom. These are the rooms where guests hang out the most. So...they are decorated and clean (some of the time, at least). Our bedroom, on the otherhand, doesn't have one thing on the wall and has had an old comforter on it, whose stuffing is lopsided, for the last two years.

So...I ordered new bedding from Target and am super excited about it! Here it is:

http://www.target.com/Studio-Target-Foliage-Bedding-Collection/dp/B001OO8W7O/qid=1241539752/ref=br_1_16/191-4446264-8919755?ie=UTF8&node=404152011&frombrowse=1&pricerange=&index=tgt-mf-mv&field-browse=404152011&rank=pmrank&rh=&page=1

The other project for my room is already half completed. Here it is:

http://tarawhitney.com/justbeblogged/2008/06/opam-may-08-photo-wall-in-living-room-after/

I already have all of the prints for the photo wall. They were all taken by Jen Cota and I ordered them just like these photos: some black and white and some color and with the same affect on the photo. The affect is called "through the lens" because it looks like it was taken with an old camera and like you're looking through the lens (hence, the name "through the lens"). All I'm needing now are the frames. This will require a trip to Ikea, which I'm planning on doing this Saturday.

The last thing I'm going to do is spruce up the nightstand (which right now has books and dust and an empty cup on it). It will look something like this:




I'm looking so forward to our "new" room!

4 comments:

Betsy said...

The things you are doing look absolutely amazing. Is there anything you in which you aren't good?

Mary Helen said...

LOVE the new bedroom decor! The photo wall is going to be awesome. We were looking at a house the other day and the wife is a photographer. She had a photo wall similar to the one you posted and it was adorable. You will have to post before and after pictures when the projects are complete!

Melissa said...

Gran...there are a lot of things I do in which I am not good.

I'm late all the time
I'm messy
I never do laundry
I'm not good with money

And the list goes on and on!

Mary Beth and Travis said...

I LOVE the photo wall!!!! And I love your friends photography...we may have to take a trip to Austin...