Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend




I had the best weekend for Mother's Day. Matt grilled out Friday night and had friends over and the girls love it when there are a bunch of people at the house like that. They were both up playing washers with the guys until like 1am! I have some little partyers on my hands!

Saturday morning we woke up...I went on a nice walk and came home to get ready for the UT baseball game. Dad got us all tickets in his friend's suite and we had a blast. Air conditioning, food, beer, pictures with BEVO and a series win against the Aggies (doesn't get much better than that:)

Saturday night we took the girls to House Pizzeria and afterwards bowling at Dart Bowl. We rarely do "just family" nights but when we do, it's such precious time with each other and the kids. Makes me want to do it way more.

Sunday, we learned about the gospel from Jonathan and reflected on what the cross means in our lives. The cross means so much to me in so many different ways and so this was a great message for me to hear because I forget sometimes and need to be reminded. The music was great and led me into a great time of worship and reflection.

After Church, my Mom, Gran and Dad came to the house and we ate a good 'ol Southern lunch: smoked turkey, homemade potato salad, corn on the cob, baked beans, buttered bread and three choices for dessert (apple pie, blueberry pie and chess pie).

This was such a great weekend for me...time to enjoy my family, reflect on the cross and what Jesus has done in my life, and think about my role as a mother to Jessica and Ava and baby #3!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Good stuff.

Anonymous said...

thanks for showing us what it means to live in the power of the cross!