Thursday, February 12, 2009

Back to Blogging

Sorry...I was angry with my blog because I couldn't get the stinking Christmas background off so I rebelled and didn't blog for a while.

I'm back.

Let me think about what all has happened since I blogged last... Ava got her hair cut, Jessica officially has a best fried that she emails with and says LYLAS(love ya like a sister) to, we had our first annual ACL Super Bowl Flag Football game, people have continued to do Sunday Night Dinner at our house, Austin City Life outgrew The Hideout and will be meeting for the first time at The Parish on March 1st, our City Group outgrew our house and like 25 people were consistently coming so we had to "multiply" and send some of them out to start a new group...A lot has happened since I last blogged.

Some of these things are super exciting like: moving to The Parish and seeing Jessica make good girlfriends at school and seeing our house fill up with people every week wanting to be in community with other believers.

I had a hard time with sending off the people from our City Group to start another one but I am also LOVING the new group. It is a great great group of people.

Once a month, we do something missional in our neighborhood and so next Tuesday, we are going to a Nursing Home down the street to love on the people living there. We are going to take Valentines cards to them and sing songs with them and just get to know them.

Here is a link to The Parish (a very reputable music venue in Austin) I've seen Pete Yorn and Brooke Fraser play there.

www.theparishroom.com

And...here are some pictures of Ava's haircut:











2 comments:

Jana said...

Could she be any cuter?!!! I don't think so!!! I love your new haircut, Ava and I love you!

Alana said...

All grown up!! How adorable!