Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Weekend

We had a packed weekend this last weekend. Friday night I had a girls night and played bunco with 19 other girls at Robie Dodson's (my pastor's wife) house! It was SO much fun! If you haven't played bunco before...I would highly recommend it. It makes for a very fun girls night. We had tacos and margaritas before we played.

Saturday morning, I took breakfast up to Dell Children's Hospital to Jamie Ivey and got to meet Fedna and hold her hand and talk to her. She was beautiful and I was so overwhelmed as I left just thinking about a)Jamie's selflessness b)how I take every day that my children are healthy for granted c)that I am still feeling a tugging on my heart that God wants more from me. Not sure what that looks like...praying about it. We'll see where God leads.

Saturday night Jessica had two friends spend the night and we took all the kids to Dart Bowl down the street from our house. We had a blast. Nate bowled a 201 and I'm starting to think he's been secretly bowling behind my back when the girls are at school. A bunch of our friends went with us and so did Matt and Alicia. Alicia came in second behind Nate. Cheaters. (I just felt like saying that).

Sunday I hauled four kids to Church without Nate (thanks Nate) and then we had Sunday Night Dinner again at our house. Love the fellowship!

No matter how you voted in this election, today is an important day in the history of our country. I am listening to the new President's inauguration address and I am praying for him, for his family and for our country.

3 comments:

Betsy said...

Melissa, I love hearing about your busy life. Few people I know pack as much into a day or weekend as the Navarro family. What a joy you all are to the Lord. (By the way, ask Jana what she bowled at the Apt. Assc. bowling tournament and what award she received.) Did you reaffirm Nate that he really did well in his bowling? And Alicia beat Matt---how DID you and Matt do?
I agree with your comments about the new president.One black commentator on Fox News said that this president can be a positive role model, not just for white people, but mainly for the black families as a faithful and devoted husband and loving father unlike some we have had in the White House in years past.

Alana said...

I doubt anyone can equal my bowling score...last time I bowled, it was a 4. That's right I said "four". I believe only 1 ball didn't end up in the gutter! I haven't been back since, and that was probably 30 years ago!

Jana said...

Can I come live at your house? I promise I'll be good. It sounds like so much fun there! And all I have to say is my score was not as bad as Alana's!!!