Monday, February 23, 2009

What a weekend...

I've already bragged about family/movie night on Friday but I have to include that again on this blog.

This weekend was such a fun, relaxing weekend and I wasn't ready for it to end this morning.

Friday night...3 movies starting at 5:30 pm and ending when we fell asleep. Bekah would be so proud...I stayed up for two and a half of them (Bekah is my childhood friend who would bring movies over and I'd be asleep 10 minutes into it and I think she labeled me as the "worst person ever to watch movies with").

Saturday I got up and had breafast at El Chilito with my friend Miranda. We are in a "fight club" together. You can read about fight clubs here: http://www.boundless.org/2005/articles/a0001825.cfm It was a beautiful day and we sat on the patio and read the word together but mainly, just talked about life...where we struggle, where we succeed, what God is doing in our lives right now, how we can pray for each other. It's awesome.

Saturday night, we got a babysitter and had the ultimate privilege of going to dinner and hanging out with our friends Wheels and Melissa. Always makes for a fun night. We ate at Vivo and then headed over to the Flying Saucer and had a beer or two.

Sunday morning we went to the Hideout for our last Sunday service there. It was bittersweet leaving the Hideout. The Hideout has been a huge part of Austin City Life's story and it has been a place where I have grown hugely in my faith. I hate to leave the cozy, quaint environment the Hideout provided but I am really excited about growing my faith more and hearing about Jesus more in this place called the Parish.

Sunday night we had a prayer and worship night at The Parish. It was powerful. God truly showed up. We prayed for each other, the Church and the city of Austin. I feel so blessed too, to have the talent we do in our Church as far as worship leading. It blows my mind.

Then, of course, people came over for the Oscars.

Today starts a new week...here's to another week of trying to follow Jesus as best I can.

3 comments:

The Armstrong Family said...

What a wonderful weekend! I wouldn't have wanted it to end either. Thanks for your website recommendations. I had been looking on tiny prints but love polka dot designs, too. You're the best!

Tara said...

Sounds like a fabulous weekend!

Didn't you love the Oscars last night? I thought the show was one of the best I'd seen. (Plus.. I was really pulling for Slumdog!)

Betsy said...

I love your comments on your blog.
How else could we ever keep up with all you, Nate, and the girls are doing? You all are making wonderful memories for Jess and Ava as you all are growing in the Lord.