Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Get used to it...



The hair color, I mean. On Friday, at 3:30pm, I will officially be a brunette. Don't try to talk me out of it...I've already made up my mind.

My reason for the picture and the blog post is so that you will be prepared so that when you see me next, I don't get looks of "holy crap, what the @*#^% did you do to your hair?". I don't need looks like that, k? I'm nervous enough already!

I walked out of the salon about a month ago and thought to myself "Never doing that again. I'm done. No more spending over $100 on my stupid hair. I can't write blogs about caring about people's needs and the fact that there are people who don't have beds to sleep in or shoes to wear or food to eat and then go drop $200 or more on my hair. I'm done. Finished." I was so annoyed with myself when I walked out of the salon that day!

I'm sure you're asking yourself, "What does it matter if you cut down on the cost of your hair if you're not going to do anything with that extra money to help people?" Well...I am. I am going to take the difference every 8 weeks and give it to a group called Compassion International.

So...here's to brunettes having as much fun as blondes!

9 comments:

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Armstrong Family said...

Amen, sister! I think you are going to be a GORGEOUS brunette. I've never seen you any other way. Ever.
How great that you are going to donate the difference to Compassion. What a wonderful heart you have! Your precious girls have a great example of a mom...

Jessica Honegger said...

Is God doing a move among blondes? I had the same revelation... went really dark last week because I just can't handle the upkeep. I went totally brunette a few years ago... then there is something about being blonde while preggie and then having post preggie weight because i really do think blondes have more fun. but brunettes save more money (or have more money to give!)

Haley said...

is javie doing your hair on friday?!! yay! i'm feeling quite the opposite... i want to go back to my original blonde. can't wait to see it on ya, i'm sure it will look amazing!

Erin said...

Once when I visited your house, I noticed a pic of you on the fridge with darker hair. I loved it! But did not want to say anything, in case you felt like I was saying you don't look good as a blond... soooo, you will be beautiful. BUT, man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord God looks at your heart! He knows your commitment and your desire to serve Him in this practical and also generous way!

Tara said...

Melissa, I can't wait to see you as a brunette. Please post of picture, so I don't have to wait forever to see you! :)

Melissa said...

I'll post a picture this weekend!

Alana said...

When you are out as a family, people will wonder where Ava got her blonde hair! I can't wait to see the picture!

Betsy said...

All I want to know is what the $200was for? I thought you could buy "do it yourself" kits for $30. You'll be beautiful either way.