Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Twilight Series

Ok...some of the girls in my city group were reading the Twilight book series by Stephanie Meyer. They were all raving about it and one girl talked about how she read the four book series in a week over the holidays. So...I bought book one at Target and read it in less than 24 hours (it's 500 pgs.) and then borrowed the second book from my friend Lori and read it in less than 24 hours. I am now waiting for the third book and then I will sink back into my alternate world of the beautiful relationship that is Bella and Edward:)

7 comments:

Tara said...

I read all four!! They are wonderful! I was completely obsessed with them while I was reading them, poor Cody got completely neglected.

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh...everytime Nate walks in the room and I'm reading one, he goes "oh great" because he knows that means I'm out of commission for the next couple of hours:)

Tara said...

have you started the 3rd book? It's really good. Of all of them the 2nd book was my least favorite. b/c Edward was missing in most of them.

Melissa said...

I have not started the third book...I'm still waiting for Lori to finish. But...I can't wait!!

And yes, the second book made me so sad until the end when he came back into the picture!

Betsy said...

What are these books about? Are they books that I would enjoy? I'm reading Bk.1 of the series that you gave me for Christmas, Melissa. I'll have both of those read in a week. They're very good, but probably not enough action for you, Melissa.

Betsy said...

Never mind, I just read about the series on Amazon.com. I don't think it's my type of book. I like the "feel-good" books with a sweet love story that ends happily. I would be glad to suggest some to you two.

Melissa said...

No thanks, Gran. I like books that are more realistic.