Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Ivey's

I have mentioned to you before how much I am inspired by this girl Jamie Ivey and I'm not sure if you read her blog I posted but just a little background...

Her husband leads worship at a big Church here in Austin...called Austin Stone. She is a stay at home mom. They have one little boy named Cayden and a second son they adopted named Deacon. They have two more children in Haiti that they are adopting and will have by first of the Summer. Their names are Amos and Story.

For the last week, Jamie has been taking care of a little girl named Fedna who is here from Haiti for a surgical procedure. She has spina bifida. Jamie is her care taker while she is here. She has been in the hospital with her since the surgery and is acting as her "momma" until she gets to return to Haiti. I am blown away by the acts of service I see in this family. Truly an example of Jesus' love.

Please read their sites if you get time today. It will move you.

http://www.dreamingbigdreams.wordpress.com

http://www.aaronivey.com

No comments: