Sunday, January 11, 2009

How Great Thou Art

Today I was literally moved to tears at Church. For many reasons. One...the worship was awesome and truly led me in worshipping God in a real way. Two...there were not enough seats for people. We started out with maybe 10 people in Jonathan and Robie's living room and I got choked up to see this morning what God is doing through Austin City Life. There were over 100 people there. Three...the message really moved me to thinking about what other little "powers" I worship in my life to make it feel complete. House, cars, relationships, kids, clothes, my job, money...I know that these things don't have to always be viewed as being negative things to have but when I am desiring them as much as God and sometimes more than God, they are fruitless. If I am honest with myself, I will admit that I usually have a much greater desire for my kids and family and friends than God.

We sang the song How Great Thou Art and today I left feeling like I had caught a glimpse of how great He truly is.

2 comments:

Betsy said...

Beautiful testimony, Melissa. Thanks for sharing what the Lord is doing in your church. We'd love to come back and visit it. Love you, Gran

Alana said...

I love seeing what the Lord is doing at Austin City Life! It shows that y'all have him at the head of it!!