Thursday, December 11, 2008

Sanity

Let's all take a moment and pray for my sanity as today begins an extremely busy next 8 days. Jessica and I leave tomorrow for New York (yay!) and we get home on Monday.

On Monday night, we are eating dinner with family for her birthday.

On Tuesday night, we are hosting a party at our house for these three homeless/poor families and their combined 11 kids. (I won't have to do too much because everyone from our Church and even friends of ours who don't go to our Church are helping with this party). I am excited about this one because these kids have never had Christmas. We have presents for each of the kids, mattresses for the ones that don't have beds, clothes for all of them, a huge bag of groceries for each family, a family Christmas picture by Jen Cota, Christmas cookies that they get to ice and decorate, a Christmas Bingo game we get to play with them and then food and drinks they can enjoy at the party.

On Wednesday night, we have dinner with some new friends we met.

On Thursday, I am hosting 15 ten year old girls for a SLUMBER party at our house for Jess' birthday party. That's right...15!! I'm sure you're wondering where they all will sleep. Valid question...I haven't figured that out yet.

On Friday, we are AGAIN hosting a Christmas Sweater Party that Gran so graciously loaned me four Christmas sweaters for. We invited everyone from our Church and 49 people have already responded that they are coming. 40 have not responded.

So...raise your hand if you're thinking I'm crazy.

Ok...now raise your hand if you know me and know that I work best under pressure.

(I raised my hand for crazy)

5 comments:

The Armstrong Family said...

I'm loving your blog. But with that schedule you've lined up, I do kind of think you're crazy. Somehow I know you'll do a great job and have everything perfect. The party for those families sounds so wonderful. Please post pictures! I know the Navarros are a blessing to so many. Have a fun trip!!!

Betsy said...

In fact, you make me crazy as I try to get you organized... Let's see I think I have been trying for at least 25 years. However, that's what I love so much about you. You take on things I would never dream (in my wildest imagination) of doing. Love you.

Alana said...

Okay, Melissa...I think you are crazy, and I also know that you work best under pressure!! I can't believe all you are doing...I get exhausted just going to a few Christmas parties this time of year! I'm sure at the slumber party that Jessica will "sack out" earlier than the rest, and Ava will be up keeping all of her friends entertained. Am I right? There is always an "Ava" at every party! I can't wait until Monday night to hear all about NYC!

Tara said...

Oh my goodness, you are busy! I have been complaining about my weekends being full. You're everyday is, and you have 2 kids! You win... :)

Natalie said...

I was thinking about blogging...but my life really isn't cool enough. Yours is very interesting!!