Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Let's see how this goes...

I'm honestly not a blogger. You might even try to get back on here in a week and the site is down. But...let's see if I can make this interesting enough for people to read. I'll start off with a little snipit about the Navarros.

We met in Austin. Married in Austin. Lived in Austin for a year afer that while Nate traveled in a rock band. Had Ava Jean Navarro. Moved to Belton (where Melissa is from). Nate quit the band and started painting and then leading worship. Moved back to Austin to help start a Church, which we are still a part of, called Austin City Life. Nate is the Director of Missional Community at ACL. We are living out the meaning of being a Christian and learning every day with this community of people how to love Jesus more and in turn, love people more. We don't have it down perfectly yet. Probably never will. But here's to us never ceasing on trying our hardest.

We live in a cute old house with our beautiful daughters, Jessica and Ava. Nate loves UT football and Thunderbird coffee. Melissa loves Christmas time and Enchiladas y Mas. Jessica loves her friends at school and Ava loves staying up until midnight. Our whole family loves having an open door policy at our house that people are actually taking advantage of.

So...again, we'll see how this goes.

7 comments:

Alana said...

Awesome blog!! I can't wait to see it grow!

Betsy said...

I'm excited! Ask Jessica what to do. I'm sure she can be on a retainer to keep it going for you. I love you all, and your lives are an example for other young families who are striving to live for Jesus.

Tyler said...

Great job on the blog so far! I'll be happy to assist with any problems you run into. It looks like the blog is open to the public so you do not need to invite people. if you would like to close it off and make it invitation only give a shout.

The Armstrong Family said...

I'm very excited about this! You did a great job setting it up.

Mary Helen said...

How fun! Way to go on the blog. It is so cute! I am not much help, but my sweet husband and sister are both getting to be blog experts, so ask them if you have any questions :) I am looking forward to reading more!

Kim Johnson said...

Listen Melissa ...al you need to do is ask Nelwyn for any Blog questions. I am sure she has the answer written down on a piece of notebook paper. Tell Jessica to post some family pictures.

Tara said...

Keep up the good work Melissa. I love individual family blogs! Just think if you keep it up, you can transfer it into book form for Ava and Jessica to have when they get older! :)