Saturday, December 13, 2008

New York

Ok...I wanted to give a half-way-through-the-trip summary.:
(For those of you who don't know, I am in New York with Jess for her 10th birthday. It's a mother/daughter trip that I will make again with Ava for her 10th. )

We arrived yesterday around noon and came straight to my friend Lisa's apartment. Her apartment is amazing and is in such a cool, hip part of town. We unpacked our bags and relaxed for a while at her apartment until she got home and then we visited with her a bit. She is a purse designer here in New York (www.lisakornman.com) and she is such a gracious hostess.

We then headed to Drew's school and watched him play the piano for a three year old ballet class. You could tell the little girls LOVED him and they were so precious in their little tutu's. For those of you who don't know this little fact, Drew teaches quite the group of famous children: Apple (Gwyneth Paltrow's daughter), Ed Burns' son (who I saw), Steve Nash's twins and some other actress...can't remember her name. Anyway, this one little girl named Ginger fell in love with Jessica. Her nanny told us that she has had an imaginary friend named Jessica for a while and we think she thought her imaginary friend had come to life. Jessica loved it. Ginger hopped in a picture with us so you will meet her later when I post pictures.

We left Drew's school and grabbed a burger at Edwards (www.edwardsnyc.com) in Tribeca. Very cool little place. We had fun sitting there eating and people watching.

At 7:30 we headed over to Times Square to the New Amsterdam Theater to watch Mary Poppins. It was fantastic. I would highly recommend it. The girl who played Mary Poppins did an amazing job and it made me want to come home and watch the movie. I forget how great that movie is. After Mary Poppins, we walked around Times Square so that Jess could see the huge billboards and lights and then we walked over to Rockefeller Center and took pictures in front of the tree. Had so much fun! We didn't get home until 1am and we were both exhausted!

This morning, we woke up, had coffee with Lisa, met Drew for brunch at this place called The Diner (www.thedinernyc.com) which was awesome. It's in Lisa's neighborhood. After brunch, Jess and I headed to the Museum of Natural History. That was really fun for both of us.

We are at Lisa's apartment right now about to get ready for a Christmas party. I will add more later and post pictures. I have documented the entire trip!

3 comments:

Jana said...

I wish I was there with ya'll!!! Sounds like you are doing so many neat things. I know Drew is having a great time seeing you up there. Can't wait to see all the pictures.

Alana said...

Melissa, you are making this such a memorable trip for Jess. I can't wait to see you both on Monday and hear all about it! Continue to have fun!

Betsy said...

This sounds like so much fun. Coud we make it a 4 generations trip sometime, and you show us around?