Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Now...let's not get all excited. But...

I am a sucker for instant gratification. Is that wrong? I've never been able to figure out why Doctors won't tell you the gender of your baby until you're like 18-20 weeks, when you know that they know at like 12-15. I mean...what evil lies within them that makes them torture us so?

I have been waiting for years for someone to come up with an at-home gender test and low and behold...someone did. Brilliant. NOW...the accuracy rate is only like 92-96% (which seems high but, Nate and I are pretty good with 1% chances, seeing as how Ava was conceived while on birth control) but we thought it'd be fun to kinda know what we're having. THERE'S STILL A CHANCE IT'S WRONG but...



Here is the website for this brilliant invention: www.intelligender.com

I'm not sure if I'd told anyone what the names are for a girl or boy and I know it's pretty soon to already have those set but...again...I'm all over the instant gratification.

Girl- Betsy Grace (obviously after Gran)
Boy- Jones Everett (Granddad's middle name)

So for right now...until the Dr. says he sees a penis or vagina...we've got a little Jones Everett Navarro on our hands!

7 comments:

The Armstrong Family said...

What fun! I LOVE both boy & girl names (Betsy was one of our top choice!) and can't wait to find out for real.

Mary Helen said...

That is so exciting! I love both of your name choices. Can't wait to meet him!

Tara said...

I remember when you were pregnant with Ava, and her "boy" name was Jones (Steel, for the middle name, i think) and LOVING it then as much as I LOVE it now! It reminds me of James Bond... I can just hear him now. Jones. Jones Narrrow.

Can't wait to hear the "official" results!

Mary Beth and Travis said...

Love it!!! Good luck with your chances...haha...that would make me even more anxious!! I absolutely love both of your names!! YAY for baby Navarro!!

Jana said...

I am sooooo excited!!! If it is wrong and it does turn out to be a girl, that will be great too! I love the names!!!

Haley said...

i'll believe it when i see it.... but i can imagine a cute little nate navarro running around in baby toms and a mohawk

With Pure Joy said...

Melissa,

Hi! This is Brooke Ray Bartz. I stumbled across your blog and was so encouraged by your love for Christ. Your family is beautiful! I was wondering if you wouldn't mind passing along my blog to all people you know and trust. Brad and I just lost our "potential adopted son" and I was wondering if you would be praying for us as we endure this trial. I want people to know our story and be encouraged in the Lord as they lift up our sweet Christian to God. our blog is www.babsandbabs.blogspot.com.

Walk by Faith,
Brooke Ray Bartz