Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter

Easter is a beautiful day for those who profess to be Christians. It is the day that Jesus Christ died on the cross, taking our sins with him.

When we sin or mess up (in dumbed up terms), it is sometimes hard for us to forgive ourselves and also hard to forgive people we feel have sinned against us. I reminded myself on Sunday, in remembering that Jesus died for our sins, that to not forgive ourselves, accept forgiveness, or forgive others, must be heartbreaking to God. He sacrificed his Son so that we could, and would, extend forgiveness to each other and accept forgiveness from God and those we have sinned against.

I am so thankful for the cross, for Jesus, and for forgiveness and grace.

2 comments:

Betsy said...

I love your comments, and I love you.

Mary Helen said...

So true, Melissa! I hope you guys had a Happy Easter. Your girls are so blessed to be growing up in a family that teaches them the true reason we celebrate Easter. What an amazing gift. Hope to see you guys soon!