Thursday, April 2, 2009

Dorcas Acquah

Dorcas is the little girl in Ghana that our family sponsors through Compassion International. I would really really encourage you to do this. Sponsoring a child is not something you do for your kid's sake...it affects all of us. You're never too old or too young or too busy to sponsor a child. It helps a child in another country receive education and water and food and clothing. She wrote our family a letter this week...

"Dear The Navarro's,

I am happy to thank you for taking me as your sponsored child. I attend Rhema Prepatory School. I am in KG2. I live with my mother who sells tomatoes in the market. I am six years of age.

I also live with my two elder siblings, Bright and Emmanuel. My best friend is Lydia Sacky and I learn with her always. I like rice and stew. What is your favorite food?

Pray for me to get good knowledge.

Dorcas"

We have a picture of Dorcas on our refrigerator and are so excited to send her letters back and even some fun books to read!

No comments: