Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Begging for More

I had a fun girl's night out last week...for about an hour and a half before Nate started texting me wanting to know "where I was". Betsy woke up and wouldn't go back to sleep. (Let's just say they're both up "shoot's" creek if I ever die in a car wreck.) However, that's not at all why I'm writing.

I was challenged by my three lovely friends (ahem...Amy, Hannah and Megan), to update my blog more often. I don't really update it often enough for a couple of reasons: one...my life is rather redundant and two...I had no idea people actually read it. No one EVER comments. It's a good thing I don't find my value in how many comments by blog posts get!

We spent the evening here laughing over stories and sneaking sips of wine from each other's glasses when the person wasn't looking. We got giddy over the idea of starting a book club with each other. Three of us have read the book "The Help" (which you can read about here) and so we are starting to discuss that book tonight over more wine.

So...in light of these girls thinking I have a little bit of talent in the writing department, I have decided to set a goal to blog at least twice a week. I know it's not a lot but it's a start.

7 comments:

Heather B. said...

I love reading your blog. It always brings me a peace and joy at just the right moments.

Mary Helen said...

I love reading your blog, too! I have some friends who have read The Help and really enjoyed it. I would love to know your thoughts.

dreamingBIGdreams said...

that place looks awesome!
i want to be in a book club!

Mary Beth and Travis said...

I'm a blog stalker! Just wanted you to know that I definitely agree with your girlfriends- you must update more often!! I love your blog and check it regularly. :)
Also- I'm about to post a prayer request on my blog for the family that lives in your parents' old house on Del Norte. Thier sweet baby is recovering from heart surgery in California.

Melissa said...

Thanks guys! It's good to know people are reading!

Jamie...you can join anytime you want...book clubs are so fun! Have you read The Help? It was really, really good. I ordered it on my Kindle Iphone app and read it any chance I got until I finished.

Mary Beth...will read the blog about that family and will definitely be praying for their baby!

Betsy said...

I love reading your blog, and I definitely think you have a gift for putting your thoughts into words. As busy as you are, I don't see how you have time to do it, but you have always been good at multi-tasking---even as a little girl when your very quickly did one thing so you could start on another. ( I try to slow Ava down a little when she colors a picture. I tell her that I used to tell you, "Melissa, slow down.") However,I love you just the way you are.

Tara said...

Just wanted to let you know, I'm one of your readers!