Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Thanking God

I drove home from dropping Jess off at school this morning and I was overwhelmed with thankfulness. This came totally out of the blue because lately, I have been super selfish and have thought predominantly about things I don't have and feel that I need.

I paused in the car to just reflect on all of these things that were popping into my head that I was so lucky to have. My house, my car, my healthy kids, my husband, my family, my wonderful friends, my community at ACL, my dogs (sounds silly but I love them), too much food in my pantry, really great neighbors.

I began to repent for my selfishness and lack of recognition of just how great God is and how He has blessed my life.

So many times, I find that I get so caught up in "life" that I forget to stop and thank God for that "life" I'm all caught up in. I wish I could preserve mornings like this morning in a jar and open it up and pull some out on days that I don't feel so thankful.

Thank you God for my life and for the chance to live it for you.

No comments: