Monday, August 3, 2009

It's a Girl (we think)


Nate and I got up this morning at 6:45 and got ready, grabbed a coffee at our usual hangout, Thunderbird, and headed to our Doctor's appointment to find out the sex of this baby.

Now, I think everyone knows that we were sort of pulling for a boy. I mean, Nate really wanted a boy (understandable) and I wanted a boy for Nate's sake. I never spoke these words outloud (for Nate's sake) but I secretly thought it would be cute to have three girls.

Anyway...we got in there and the nurse, Tamra (we LOVE her), immediately started looking for us. First we heard a "Oh! That looks like a little penis!" and then we heard "No, wait. Maybe not. I see three lines." (For those of you who have gone through this, you know what three lines means.) Then we heard "It sure does look like there's something there", followed by a "But gosh...sometimes it just looks like three lines when it turns over." Finally, Tamra said she was just going to get Dr. Cowan because he was much better at telling these things. So he came in and it didn't take him 30 seconds before he announced that he was 90% sure the alien was a girl. I think Nate was in shock...I was sort of excited.

I am giddy over thinking about having three girls and each one of my girls having two sisters. (Plus...I've been looking online and the girl's clothes are SO much cuter!)

I feel blessed today.

5 comments:

Tara said...

Congratulations Navarro Family!!

A great thing about having girls is they will always need their mothers. And little girls, sure do love their daddys! :)

Mary Helen said...

What fun news! You already have two precious girls and I know Baby Girl #3 will be just as wonderful. Plus, I have to admit that sisters are one of God's greatest blessings :) Congratulations! We are excited for you guys!

Alana said...

All I can think of right now (besides being extremely excited) is...3 WEDDINGS!!!! Yikes!!

Betsy said...

Needless to say, I love little girls, but little boys hold a special place in my heart also because of grandsons and nephews. Whatever, I'll adore her/him just like I do your other two. Gran

Melissa said...

Thanks mom.